About Baker's Bunch
This was called the Baker's Dozen but the warehouse team ate most of it. Beatrix Bakes offers a great challenge for even the best bakers, while the chocolate provides a solid back up for when things don't turn out.
- Beatrix Bakes. Recreate popular treats from Natalie Paull's famous North Melbourne bakery, including her Lemon Curd Crepe Cake and Banoffee Custard Pie.
- Carlotta and Gee Linen Tea Towel (x1). Responsibly made from European Flax linen without any pesticides or chemicals.
- Chausseur Large Spatula.
Large bundle includes (in addition to the above):
- Carlotta and Gee Linen Apron. Responsibly made from European Flax linen without any pesticides or chemicals.
- Hunted + Gathered Cooking Chocolate. Perfect for baking, these silky smooth buttons are hand crafted using Zorzal Cacao. Organic, sustainably made and absolutely delicious, these little drops are best enjoyed in freshly baked goods or straight out of the pack!
- Hunted + Gathered Chocolate bar. Perfect for eating while you bake - 70% dark chocolate is paired with roasted hazelnuts for a lightly sweetened crunch.
More about the included book:
For Natalie Paull, baking is a gift. It’s also a powerful elixir of pleasure, connection, generosity and joy. In Beatrix Bakes, Natalie indulges in baking’s sweetest moments with more than seventy recipes inspiring bakers of all kinds to mix and match to make recipes their own – whether it’s a Lemon curd cream crepe cake or Pecan maple cinnamon scrolls.
Sparkling with Natalie's distinct voice, and packaged with full-colour photography, illustrations and rock-solid tips for a perfect bake, Beatrix Bakes also includes 'Adaptrix' suggestions (offering ways readers might do things differently, including short cuts) and is peppered with infographics to help them follow their baking heart. Try The Cheesecake (That You Will Love The Most) with a crumb base, or a bought biscuit base, or no base, or a sponge base, or even a failed cookie base! And from there, pick a topping from sour cream, to crumb, to fruity bits. The recipes are divided across eight chapters: Doughs, pastries & crusts; Tarts, pies, a crostata & a galette; The cake list; One in the hand; Yeasted bakes; Fruit-full; Creams, custards, fillings, glazes and buttercreams; and Finishing touches.
While Natalie's creations are inspired by classics the world over, they are irreverent too, and in Beatrix Bakes she delights in showing readers that – once they get the foundations right – the truest magic will come from a willingness to play (with the insurance of her many clever ideas and back-up plans in their apron pocket!).
Beatrix Bakes will guide anyone who loves the adventure of baking to perfect their skills and break the baking mould.